AMCM Group was appointed to act as Pre-construction Manager to achieve a successful Section 73 Planning Application to increase GDV and improve efficiencies. On receipt of approval, we acted as Principal Contractor and Construction Manager to build a 1.5 story basement and 4 storey concrete frame against the boundaries of the two adjoining owners, where access is constrained by a school and pedestrian crossing.
Following a technical appraisal of the original planning consent, we proposed that it was feasible to improve the efficiency of the basement and concrete structure.
We then reviewed the sales specification to understand the potential purchasers and sales values to improve gross development margin
Project: Thurlow Park, Dulwich, South East London
Client: City Style Living, One Housing Group
Value: Construction, £3 million
Start Date: March 2014
Completion Date: February 2016
Delivery: Construction of 9 concrete framed luxury apartments
- As Pre-construction Manager and Lead Designer, we worked with the Design Team, piling and RC frame specialist to improve the efficiency of the below and above ground structures
- During the pre-construction period we secured the fixed price and fixed programme Trade Contracts for 80% of the Contract Sum Analysis by value
- As Lead Designer, we worked with the CSL sales team and the interior designer to analyse the cost and value of key finish specifications and layout to improve the GDV and cost efficiencies by c£1.5 million
- We acted as the Defects Manager for the two-year defect period
- We carried out time and motion studies to understand the impact of deliveries on the adjoining school and neighbouring crane oversail
- We introduced pre-cast RC columns, staircores and lift shafts to reduce vehicle movement by 45%