Southern Development Services received outline planning permission for 20 homes on a site currently occupied by two sheltered housing schemes.
We were required to de-risk the site in terms of demolition and ground, whilst developing detailed design to Stage 5. This included fully market-tested design and specification solutions to ensure that SDS received a fully compliant scheme, and that the premium paid for the transfer of risk was minimised.
Project: Sutton Court, Reading RG6
Client: Southern Development Services
Value: Construction, £5.5 million
Start Date: September 2015
Completion Date: June 2017
Delivery: Construction of 20 traditional masonry houses
- As Pre-Construction Manager and Lead Designer, we worked with SDS’s sales team and all consultants to design, market-test and approve specifications
- Concurrent with the design, we competitively procured a demolition contractor and acted as Principal Contractor to decommission, demolish and divert statutory services
- On completion of agreed design milestones we procured fixed-price market-tests of groundworks, brickwork, M&E, drylining, etc to ensure that SDS understood the net cost of the D&B tender returns
- Acting as technical consultant, we reduced SDS’s cost associated with risk transfer against a set of criteria set by an independent consultant. This was achieved by mitigating the risk in the ground associated with stats and ground contamination
- AMCM Group were delighted to attend the official opening ceremony for Sutton Court (below). The ceremony hosted by Southern Housing Group was attended by Cllr John Kaiser, Mayor of Wokingham, Wokingham Borough Council Housing representatives, RHP Architects and AMCM Group
- All who attended commented on the success of the scheme which certainly is a benchmark for future shared ownership and social housing within the Borough and for Southern Housing Group future developments