AMCM Group was appointed as principal contractor by Ballymore Group to deliver this project as part of the Royal Wharf Development.
The new 2FE primary school at Royal Wharf is being constructed within the heart of the Royal Wharf Development and was procured through competitive tender by Ballymore Group to deliver the Section 106 requirements for the larger residential scheme. The new school is being built around an RC Frame on a raft slab, traditional brick built with a metsec infill. There will be a sports MUGA area created at roof level.
Project: Royal Wharf School, London
Client: Ballymore Group / Oxley Developments
Value: £8.5 million
Start Date: April 2019
Completion Date: September 2020
Delivery: New build 2FE primary school and nursery & roof top Muga
- AMCM Group is working in close proximity to other contractors/ developers and within the heart of an occupied residential development to create a school that will be an important new community resource
- Ensuring close external stakeholder liaison and coordination with the existing Britannia School at Royal Wharf is key in order to ensure the new facilities meet all stakeholder expectations
- Robust safety management is imperative
- AMCM Group is committed to engaging with the community to ensure the project makes a positive impact and contributes to positive relationships. Social Value has been key, and our team has undertaken several goodwill gestures including repairs to local business premises, donation of surplus materials, collection points and suggestion boxes supported by gift card incentives
- Close liaison with the existing Britannia school has generated interest and pride in the pupils as they are working hard to collect items to be included within a time capsule which AMCM Group will bury in the grounds of the new school during the landscaping phases. Other initiatives include a variety of health and safety talks, poster competitions and many more activities to come throughout the course of the scheme
- Highest levels of environmental performance include the use of Biometric fingerprint readers with each user’s carbon footprint calculated monthly. Measures are in place to exclude the use of single use plastics.
Recycling targets are being set and achieved in collaboration with waste facilitators and specialist waste management contractors
- All AMCM Group staff appointed to deliver the scheme are DBS checked with extensive track record of working within occupied schools
- Our Inhouse outsourced culture has been key to current success of the project
- The project is registered with Considerate Constructors Scheme and scored a stunning 43/45 (achieving maximum marks in three categories) during its first visit