AMCM Group were appointed as Pre-Construction Manager to complete technical due diligence and pre-construction management.
Following successful negotiation with the client and their funders AMCM Group were appointed as Design and Build Contractor to deliver the £22 million construction phase of the 222 co-living units.
To date we have developed the design through RIBA 3-5 and provided contract sum analysis to achieve an agreed budget for the delivery of the scheme.
Project: Palmerston Road, Harrow
Client: The Collective
Value: £22 million
Start Date: July 2019
Completion Date: April 2021
Delivery: 222 Co-living units with flexible work/ commercial space leisure facilities and café/restaurant to ground floor
- The scheme is in the heart of the busy Harrow community, closely surrounded by occupied businesses and residents. We have negotiated several party wall agreements and provided carefully considered and robust logistics plans to ensure the highest level of health and safety and environmental management throughout the build
- The work comprises the demolition of existing and redevelopment of the site including landscaping, plant and associated works
- Construction comprises 25m pile foundations with inner contig piles forming the basement with Reinforced Concrete Frame from Ground to 8th floor. Superstructure will be formed from B/W PC panel. The façade will comprise inset windows, Juliette balconies and setback terraces at 5th, 7th & 8th floor level
The AMCM Group team has worked proactively throughout the pre-construction phase to manage key issues and mitigate risk and inconvenience to the surrounding community
- All access constraints have been fully coordinated with surrounding businesses and the local highways agency
- Logistics include clear concise management of plant equipment and tracking of noise and dust in line with planning constraints/NRRM
- As the works progress, we will be continual dialogue with the community via newsletter/information drops to business and residents with updates on progress and future planned works
- Social value offerings are being incorporated throughout the development phase in conjunction with other public sector schemes AMCM are delivering in the Borough
- The scheme is registered with Considerate Constructors with a minimum KPI of Performance Beyond Compliance
- Early discussions on façade options with the client’s development team led to analysis between pre-cast b/w panel façade option against others i.e. SFS and b/w slip for main superstructure on scheme
- Pre-cast panel option was reviewed with our internal consultant to allow the windows, capping and Juliette balconies to be encompassed within the b/w panels prior to arrival on site; therefore enabling optimum programme efficiency to external elevations
- This will allow for early release on internal fitout to basement CHP, risers , amenities areas and rooms over the 8 storey build
- Further development on installation of panels will allow Pre-cast panel system to be installed without the requirement of traditional scaffolding
- The scheme incorporates category 2,3 5 & 6 MMC through the inclusion of per-cast structures, facades, modular bathroom pods and pre-cast service risers