We were appointed to act as Pre-construction Manager and Cost Consultant to develop the detailed design and contract sum analysis of six apartments and eight townhouses for private sale. We had to follow planning guidelines regarding the façade, which adhered to local heritage characteristics.
Projecting chamfered brick patterns have been introduced to provide a distinct highlight for the scheme’s two bookends. These details respond to the patterned brick of the Old Nun’s Head in a contemporary manner that draws attention without jarring with the character of the Green.
We worked with the sales team to ensure that the internal layouts and sales specifications met the market requirements and sales values required.
- As Pre-construction Manager and Lead Designer, we led early engagement of the stonemasonry and brickwork contractor to ensure the buildability of the extensive stonemasonry detailing was in accordance with the planning requirement
- To deliver the open-plan design and storeyheights required by the planning design we worked with the structural engineer to value engineer a pre-cast RC and steelwork structure for the six townhouses and 60 apartments
- All vertical RC elements were designed and constructed in pre- cast RC to reduce the impact on the neighbourhood and speed up the construction programme
- As Lead Designer we used 3-D modelling and clash detection to coordinate the MEP services within the RC and structural steel frames
Client: City Style Living
Start: November 2017
Completion: March 2019
AMCM employed as: Pre-construction Manager, Cost Consultant and Principal Contractor
- We completed time and motion studies to understand the impact of construction deliveries on the local neighbourhood
- We completed 3D-modelling and clash detection to ensure full coordination of the MEP services
- We introduced pre-cast RC verticals including columns, lift and staircores to reduce the programme period by approximately 10%