AMCM Group was appointed to act as Pre-construction Manager and Lead designer to achieve a Master Plan that was complementary to the adjoining buildings, associated covenants and below ground site constraints: services, root protection zones and ecological considerations.
To also act as Construction Manager and Principal Contractor to liaise with the planners, adjoining owners and stakeholders, to agree a Construction Phase Plan that mitigated the impact at all construction phases.
Project: John Barker Court, Brondesbury Park
Client: Network Housing Development (NHD)/SO
Value: Construction, £7 million
Start Date: November 2014
Completion Date: December 2018
Delivery: Construction of 33 private apartments across two, four-storey blocks
- As Pre-construction Manager and as Lead Designer, we worked with the whole Design Team, piling and RC frame specialists to improve the efficiency of the below and above ground structures to reduce the cost of reinforcement and structures
- A critical path linked the construction programme and time and motion study during the design development phase. From this we established that the pre-cast RC vertical structures and cladding panels would reduce construction traffic but would be unachievable due to the constrained access and egress to the site
- During the pre-construction period we secured fixed price and fixed programme Trade Contracts for 80% of the Contract Sum Analysis by value prior to start on site
- As Lead Designer we worked with the NHD sales team and interior designers to analyse the cost and value of key finished specifications and layouts.
- We are currently acting as the Principal Contractor and Cost Consultant and will act as Defects Manager for the two-year defect period
- To ensure that the CPP, programme and logistics were fully coordinated we produced 3D models of the programme timeline and used an on-line delivery and tracking system
- We completed a design and cost analysis of the “Thru Wall” Cladding System, providing valuable data into the technical data of these systems