L&Q Group appointed AMCM Group to complete their technical due diligence and feasibility reports prior to purchasing this development opportunity.
AMCM Group appointed the consultant team and developed detailed pre-purchase feasibility and planning strategy reports. This resulted in L&Q Group purchasing the site based on a consented 199-unit scheme with a strategy to complete a revised application to develop approximately 300+ units, including a 20-storey tower block.
Project: Grinstead Road, London
Client: London and Quadrant
Value: £58 million
Start Date: March 2018
Completion Date: 2021
Delivery: Approximately 300 units in six blocks between 3-20 storeys
- As Pre-construction Manager we appointed a pre-construction team that were focused on understanding the risks and opportunities of maximising the planning gain.
- We managed specialist consultants to develop detailed design and construction strategies to mitigate the contamination on-site and the proximity of the main line railway.
- As Pre-construction Manager we developed a Construction Phase Plan that managed the adjoining owner’s requirements allowing the increased density to be constructed. This was completed by reviewing the form of construction to be used.
- As Pre-construction Manager and Cost Consultant we were able to provide L&Q with live cost plans and construction programmes so that they could make fully informed decisions prior to purchasing the site.
- A revised application is currently being progressed with the Local Authority.