AMCM Group was asked to deliver the scheme in accordance with the HCA’s funding deadline of March 2015.
NHH had secured a £1.2 million grant for the construction of a 42 bed haven and associated training facilities. Local opposition to the scheme resulted in a planning appeal which delayed the start-on site, risked the loss of the grant and increased costs. To mitigate the delays and associated costs we were appointed as Pre-construction Manager to lead the client and design team through a Value Engineering process. Following the successful conclusion of the pre-construction process we were then appointed as Construction Manager to successfully deliver the scheme.
Project: Ditchmore Lane, Stevenage
Client: North Hertfordshire Homes
Value: Construction, £5 million
Start Date: Sept 2013
Completion Date: March 2015
Delivery: Refurbishment of 3 Listed Victorian villas to create 6 private apartments.
Construction of a concrete framed 42 bed haven including training facilities to BREEAM Excellent ratings and the construction of 5 new bungalows
- AMCM Group was appointed as Principal Contractor to complete an enabling works package of demolition, site clearance and Archaeology works concurrent with the pre-construction process and planning appeal
- As Pre-construction Manager and Lead Designer, we developed the detail design and Value Engineered the scheme concurrent with the planning appeal
- In conjunction with the design development and the Value Engineering process we procured Trade Contract packages to achieve an immediate start on-site and fixed price and programme contracts
- During the pre-construction phase, we procured a number of products direct from suppliers to mitigate future increased costs and leverage NHH’s buying power
- On receipt of the planning consent we immediately acted as Construction Manager and Principal Contractor avoid any further delays
- We administer the defects liability period on behalf of NHH
- Utilised pre-cast off-site manufactured RC columns, lift and staircores to reduce deliveries and the impact on the adjoining hostel which remained in occupation
- We created 3D Models of the project for use pre-construction and on site