AMCM Group were delighted to be awarded this Construction Management Scheme across two sites for Medway Development Company who utilised the Hyde CM Framework to procure their CM Partner.
The scheme is the Construction Management delivery of three sites comprising buildings of 11 storeys and 4 stories to provide 334 homes of mixed tenure as well as a variety of retail and leisure space below.
Our CM services to date have been extensive and have included aiding the customer in developing their Employer’s Requirements, developing a design team and procuring consultants, advising on a supply chain procurement strategy and providing procurement/ tender evaluation services, design development in line with the
development of cost planning and ensuring all required compliance with the required programme for the works.
AMCM Group are taking a very proactive approach to the design development ensuring that we allow for the use of amenity/ community space throughout the phasing of the construction. This will be critical to the customer, Medway Homes in the management of health and safety, cashflow and sales rates as AMCM strongly believes that by enhancing the character of the development as it progresses generates positive place making value in the future.
Part of our service is to provide a show flat / home at the earliest opportunity and assisting Medway Homes in creating value through early marketing and ensuring values are maintained.
Customer: Medway Development Co.
Start: July 2019
Completion: October 2021
New build 334 homes and commercial space
11 storey and 4 storey building
CCS Registered Scheme
Highly Occupied Area
- AMCM Group were awarded this JCT Design & Build contract under competitive tender in January 2019 by Tandridge District Council
- The site is within a very tight residential area, surrounded by homes of mixed tenure and requires skillful and thoughtful logistics planning and strong communications with neighbors all around, a comprehensive notice board, and regular face to face interaction
- The Site has required sympathetic management, with the design being reconsidered pre-construction, to retain trees and also steps taken to future proof the bungalows
- Careful consideration has been necessary for environmental control of noise, tidiness of the site and to provide social value through the recycling of site materials
- Environmental initiatives have included a water butt for each bungalow, changing from oil based to water based paint from the specification, and the design of the parking area to implement a permeable membrane, reducing charge on the sewage system
- The scheme is on target to be delivered on time and to budget
- The scheme recognised for best practice through the Considerate Constructors Scheme
We are undertaking extensive stakeholder engagement through community events to support the development process and as the development approached phased occupation, we will ensure the safe segregation of ongoing works through sympathetic hoardings, green walls and safe landscaping and walkways.
In addition, we will liaise with the property management team to establish additional window, road and public realm cleaning during the ongoing completion.
Finally, throughout our Construction Management service offering we will ensure programme optimisation with the Customers sales strategy to minimise peak debt and we will use our expertise in advising on best value to increase GDV with careful consideration of specification to meet sales revenue requirements.
Following our successful start, AMCM were requested to negotiate a further development at Whiffens Road Car Park.